Wednesday 26 April 2017

ASUS E200HA- The Thrifty Art Student's Below 15 K Laptop!

The ASUS E200HA- Thrifty Art Students Under 15 K Essential Laptop.






Lets get right into it!



SO,15000 K was my budget.
But I didn't mind because I knew the introduction of touchscreen Laptops meant that the prices of normal ones go down, at least that is what I figured.

Also, I wanted a purely college oriented functional laptop, It had to have:
1)An efficient battery life.
2)Sturdy Keyboard.
3)Good Looks.
4)Additional Features- I will expand on this later in this article.
5)Weight-The ASUS weighs 0.980 kg-it feels really really light.


The thing is, I didn't need the laptop to have a lot of features or anything because the internet is so cheap now.
I got 28 Gb internet for the price of 2 Hyderabad biryanis, btw  HUGE SHOUTOUT TO JIO FOR MAKING IDEA SLASH THEIR INTERNET RATES! 


FOR POWER HOGGERS OR THE 24 HOURS OF COLLEGE LIFE.
(AKA BATTERY LIFE)

I typically turn on this machine at 6 AM in the morning and it lasts me up to 9-10 PM at night with moderate usage.
I almost always keep the wifi feature on only turning it off to conserve battery if I come home late
It gives me about 14 HOURS of battery on a single charge which I think is amazing.
What do I do with it?
Well, called I watch or download youtube videos using an Application called YTD Downloader(available for free on a website called soft tonic )
I type up my assignments, browse the internet, check emails, even video chat with old friends-Though, to be honest, I never video chat in college SO not sure how much battery that would consume.I don't mind though, because it takes about 2 hours for a full charge while I use the device.
That seems reasonable.
I do type a lot though and this lasts me an entire day and a half sometimes.
Depends on how you use it I would say,  but the battery power of this machine is definitely above average.


THE DEMENTED LIBERAL ART STUDENTS KEYBOARD

I have written more than 14,000 words this semester using this laptop.
So far, No problems.I think the machine is best suited to individuals with medium/smaller leaner sized hands.
Simply because the device is small and compact, It isn't comfortable for larger hands and will be not a good investment for a writer with larger hands.
Keeping in mind this is for college students, I dare say that YOU DON'T NEED MS WORD! PLEASE give up this notion that MS word is the ultimate *eye roll* Okay, INTERNET IS CHEAP NOW, just use google documents you can convert files into pdf etc for free, Unlike some programs I know.
-While submitting my projects I have to convert them into the PDF format so I find this feature useful for writers.
Also, I don't have to worry about deleting my files as I type them either on GOOGLE DOCS or WPS office as they automatically save my work.
Screw MS word.Really.
Another thing I would like to add is I use google speech to text on GOOGLE DOCS.So if I feel like rambling I just let the laptop do all the typing.
WIN-WIN.


Note-Initially, when I used the laptop/netbook I had a problem with the caps lock key -the light by which you know when it is off/on, is the front and it is difficult/inconvenient to look down there while typing.However, I got used to that as I continued to type and now it doesn't bother me as much as I can tell without looking.

LOOKS

The laptop gets a 10/10 for looks, It looks really similar to the Mac Book...except for its kinda giveaway look of the keyboard, which isn't that bad actually.I got the golden one...it looks more silver /rose gold which is even more beautiful.I really love the look of this laptop.It looks sleek and compact and more expensive than it is.

ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONALITY AND SQUEEZING OUT THE LAST BUCK.

Well, The internal storage of this device is 32 Gb, additional mine is left untouched mostly...except for the windows updates additional themes and Icon packs I downloaded to personalised the laptop.
When I purchased this I paid about 14000 for the laptop and paired that with a mini mouse from logitech and a micro sd card for about 1000 rupees in total= 15 K ;)
Plus I save most of my work online or on the Micro SD Card :)
I have used software like Prezi, Google-based applications, WPS office, Cover-A Free software for reading comics and manga.
I sometimes try a wee bit of basic video editing with wondershare Filmora, but mostly I just stick to these basics to get the job done.


A  LIL BIT OF CORTANA IS ALL I NEED 

While she is available on windows 10 and I did use her initially, be aware that when you first use your laptop, windows 10 automatically updates(BOUT 6 GB MAYBE?IDK FELT LIKE A ZILLION AND I COULD NOT PUT IT OFF UNTIL LATER) and after the language pack and everything works she will work properly.(I had some issues with her)
I don't like to use her though because of how invasive Microsoft can get -I don't like being used to collect data like that.
But it is great to use in case you don't mind all that jazz, she is a good assistant.
I just got creeped out by her eventually ;p

THE GLITCHY DAY

This happened only once but it is worth mentioning, on about a month after buying it a day came when I left it too long and it just went blank and the screen would not come on despite what I did-I did'nt carry the charger to college so I had to come home and fix it (The screen) I looked up the internet.
Solution: Press the power on button and  F8 key after a gap of one sec each... it reboots and its as good as new again!(nothing gets deleted dw)


WHERE DID I BUY IT FROM?

I got it from amazon in January 2017 from the seller "cloudtail", It was delivered in a day or two I think.And well packed.
I think you could get it cheaper now though.Hopefully.




VERDICT:


THRIFTY ARTS STUDENT APPROVED!





Thanks for reading! 
I wonder if you noticed the song reference I made in the subheadings;p
DO let me know in the comments if you did!
Also ask me if you have any questions :)


-Please check out the links below,I purchased all these over the course of 6 months,JUST add the items to your wishlist and wait till the prices reduces .





No comments:

Post a Comment

ORIMAG P6 DLP WIFI LED 106 GRAM TINY PROJECTOR 60-180 INCH PROJECTOR

One of the best thing's I've owned so far .............................. besides my smart-shine lights. Here are the general de...